Health, Cleanliness, Safety Enhanced Procedures
We always put the health, cleanliness and safety of guests and employees on our top priority. To meet the new health and safety challenges, we are focusing on enhanced hotels cleaning practice, social interactions and workplace protocols. Therefore, we seek to adopt the new hotel norms by implementing very minimum contact with guests.
FRONT OF HOUSE:
- 1. General hotel spraying (every Sunday) with disinfectant e.g. public areas, lobby, corridors, pantries or stores.
- 2. Regular disinfection of guest contact areas: countertops i.e. reception, restaurant table, tour desk.
- 3. Regular disinfection of surfaces that are “high touch” i.e. handrails, phones, light switches, door handles, keyboards, toilets and sinks.
- 4. Hand sanitizer in common areas i.e. lobby counters, Dong Oman Restaurant, Buddha’s Kitchen Restaurant and restroom.
- 5. Compulsory temperature checks upon guest arrivals.
- 6. Restaurants:
- Spaced table set up in the restaurant to promote social distance seating.
- Service staff approach tables minimally.
- Sanitize after departure for all tables and chairs, including touch points, such as salt and pepper shakers.
- 7. Housekeeping :
- Amenities upon request.
BACK OF HOUSE
- 1. General hotel spraying (every Sunday) with disinfectant e.g. basement, corridors, restaurant, canteen and lockers.
- 2. Compulsory hand sanitation on arrival for staff, suppliers and visitors.
- 3. Compulsory temperature checks upon arrival for staff and suppliers.
- 4. Hand sanitizer in common areas i.e. employee entrance and offices.
- 5. Face masks and good personal hygiene at all times for staff and suppliers.
- 6. Maintain “Safe Distance” with others/minimum 1 meter or more.
- 7. Wash hands with soap and running water frequently.
- 8. All staff is discouraged from using other staff’s work tools, stationary and equipment.
- 9. Internal meeting complies with 1.5-meter distancing.
AT WORK (STAFF)
- 1. Staff must wear mask and maintain good personal health, cleanliness and safety at all times.
- 2. All staff must wash hands on arrival to work.
- 3. Check employees’ temperatures upon arrival at the security post (by Security).
- 4. Wash hands with soap and running water frequently.
- 5. Avoid touching eyes, mouth and nose with unwashed hands.
- 6. Maintaining a safe distance with others/minimum 1 meter or more.
- 7. Alcohol-based hand sanitizer in common areas i.e. basement, lobby counters, Dong Oman Restaurant, Buddha’s Kitchen Restaurant, restroom, security post entrances/exits.
- 8. Weekly sterilization and disinfection for public areas, offices, lobby, corridors, pantries and stores.
- 9. Regular disinfection of surfaces that are potentially contaminated i.e. telephone buttons and mouth piece, door handles, trolleys, computer keyboards and reception tables.
- 10. Suspend all social activities at hotel.
- 11. Inform superior when feeling symptoms of cold, cough, sneezing, shortness of breath or other respiratory illness.
- 12. When coughing or sneezing, cover your mouth with your elbow or tissue only.
STAFF OF RESTAURANT
- 1. Wash hands on arrival with soap and running water.
- 2. Organize chair layouts to allow sufficient distance between tables.
- 3. Disinfect chairs and tables before and after meal periods.
- 4. Modify seating arrangements to reduce direct face-to-face.
- 5. Stagger meal times to prevent crowding.
- 6. Wear mask as soon as meal/beverage are consumed/after meal.
- 7. Let the chairs lay out/seating in their original arrangement.
- 1. Before the shift starts, disinfect some tools like computer keyboards, telephone buttons, mouth pieces, stationary and calculator buttons.
- 2. Use the same work-station/computer until end of your shift.
- 3. Always use your own pens (usually in a counter) or other office equipment.
- 4. Sanitize pens and other stationaries after being used by others.
- 5. Practice “physical distancing” at all meetings and briefings.
WHEN TO PERFORM HAND CLEANLINESS?
- 1. Before and after touching eyes, nose and mouth.
- 2. Before eating and preparing food.
- 3. After using the toilet, smoking and eating.
- 4. When hands are contaminated e.g. after coughing or sneezing.
- 5. After handling contaminated items such as garbage, money, cash card and key cards.
- 6. After touching public installations or equipment, such as staircase handrails, door knobs, and documents.
- 7. Any time you find your hands are dirty.
GUEST CHECK-IN / OUT
AIRPORT PICK UP
- 1. Prepare the following in a small bag.
- a. Gloves
- b. Hand sanitizer.
- c. Alcohol-based disinfectant.
- 2. Before leaving for airport, disinfect the car steering wheel, gear shift, and door handles (inside/outside).
- 3. Wear face mask at all times.
- 4. When meeting guest at the airport arrival hall, greet guest by name without shaking hands.
- 5. Offer hand rub/sanitizer to guests (in the car).
- 6. Maintain “physical distancing” during interactions.
- 7. Ask permission to disinfect guests' luggage, especially the handles.
- 8. Use gloves and face mask until dropping them at the lobby.
- 9. When parking the car, disinfect the car steering wheel, gear shift, door handles and seats again.
- 10. Wash hands with soap and running water.
- 1. Greet guests by name whilst wearing face mask.
- 2. Offer them hand sanitizer.
- 3. Ask permission and check the guests body temperatures and inform them the result.
- 4. Ask guests to fill out the arrival questionnaire.
- 5. When check-in process is finished, wish them a pleasant stay.
- 6. Disinfect the counter, pen, sofa and tables used by guests.
- 7. Wash hands with soap and running water.
ROOMING GUEST (Room has already got deep clean/been disinfected)
- 1. Disinfect luggage trolleys before using them to carry guests’ luggage.
- 2. Greet guests by name and introduce yourself as the bell boy who will escort them to their room.
- 3. When explaining the hotel facilities on the way to the room, maintain “physical distancing.”
- 4. When in front of guest’s room, inform the guests that their room has been disinfected.
- 5. Wash hands after handling the guests.
CHECK-OUT AND LUGAGE COLLECTION
- 1. Disinfect the luggage trolleys before touching them.
- 2. Use gloves and face mask during interaction with guests.
- 3. Greet guest by name whilst wearing face mask
- 4. Keep “physical distancing” whenever possible.
- 5. Disinfect the counter, pen, sofa and tables used by guests.
- 6. Wash hands after handling the guests.
- 7. Inform housekeeping to disinfect the room and assign OOO for minimum one-day.
GUEST ROOM CLEANING
- 1. Housekeeping ensures the assigned room is ready for arrival by 12 noon.
- 2. All common high touch items are disinfected again prior to guest arrivals:
- a. TV remote control.
- b. Telephone buttons and mouth piece.
- c. Water taps.
- d. Minibar handle.
- e. Door/window handles and knobs.
- f. Light control panel and switches.
- g. Table and chairs.
- h. Bathroom surfaces.
- i. Coffee and tea making facilities.
- j. Safe deposit box.
- 3. Wipe down all areas to remove any residual disinfection spray.
- 4. Leave the “bathroom” exhaust on to aerate the room.
- 5. Let the room be vacant after this to keep it sterile.
- 6. Wash hands with soap and running water
- 1. Front office should inform housekeeping as soon as guests check out.
- 2. Switch the “bathroom” exhaust on to aerate the room.
- 3. Turn on A/C to 23⁰ (standard).
- 4. Remove all linen and towels.
- 5. Let the room be vacant for at least 1 day before deep cleaning and disinfecting.
- 6. Mark room as “Dirty” until completion, and then “Clean.”
- Housekeeping staff wear gloves & mask at all times.
- Wash hands with soap and running water after cleaning a room.
Doctor on call available 24 hours
FRONT OF THE HOUSE SIGNAGE
Health, Cleanliness and Safety reminders placed at high-traffic areas on property, including the front lobby area at a minimum, indicating the proper way to wear, handle and dispose of masks.
BACK OF THE HOUSE SIGNAGE
Placed the signage in the employees’ break area, canteen and other areas employees frequently enter or exit.Pre Check-in Information Green Booking Program